Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Vegas Baby!

Last Friday, I could not find a room in the town of Flagstaff so I moved 10 miles West to Bellmont where I found a confy room to spend the night.
The next day after a good night sleep, I got ready to travel to Las Vegas, Nevada and cross another time zone. I filled my tank with gas and started my trip at 9:15 AM at 11:08 AM I was filling my tank again after 137 miles in the town of Kingman.
I took I-40 all the way to Vegas. Most of Arizona was nice and the temperature was cool. I was riding along very high mountains and high desert but once I started to descend and getting closer to the Nevada border the temperature started to climb. When I got to Kingman, Arizona I removed my jacket liner. It was hot and the sun high.
I continued to Las Vegas with a stop at the Hoover Damn. Took pictures and a tour of the power plant.
After a couple of hours touring the Damn, I arrived in Vegas with just 245 miles on the clock. I am going to take Sunday May 15th off and Monday continue my trip to California.


Of course, the official photo for Nevada.
Temperatures started to rise. I had to remove my jacket liner and adapt the pants for hot weather.

The view in Arizona and Nevada for miles ahead

This 50 feet in diameter pipe takes water to the turbines. The vibration is enormous.

Taking a tour of the generating plant

No comments:

Post a Comment