Thursday, May 19, 2011

Time to Return Home

Today, I suddenly changed my mind. I was planing to leave Thursday, May 19 but it seems that I have to be back home earlier than I thought. For some reason, I am felling with a sense of accomplishment even when I have to do half of the trip back home. In my mind, I feel I am done and now I have to go back home.
The day looked mostly cloudy early in the morning but then it started to clear up. The sun started to show timidly on the window and that gave me confidence that the day was going to be clear. After doing my laundry, I picked up my things and say goodbye to Russ and Tina.

The plan is to go along the coast on route 1 and turn East in Eureka, CA. I crossed the famous Golden Gate bridge, stopped for the official picture and continue North to get on to route 1.

What a ride route 1 is!!! A narrow two lane road which I found very challenging. There is no time for distraction on this road. The turns are super sharp and steep. 25 miles per hour is the speed to manage this curves. Faster can put you across the yellow line. The wind was strong and cold. The mist from the ocean on my visor.

After 200 miles of riding, I stopped in Little River, CA just a few miles from Mendocino. Tomorrow, I plan to start the day early and make some progress. I don't know where I will finish the day .

My first stop in San Francisco


The wind coming from the ocean was strong and cold.


Highway 1 is challenging with very sharp and steep curves


My Chromehead brother Dennis. We met coincidentally while I was taking pictures in Bodega Bay, Salmon Creek Beach


Today's route


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment