Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Day of Rain and Wind

This morning I woke up to heavy rain and winds of 40 miles per hour. I hanged out in the hotel as long as I could and while at it I made arrangements with the local BMW dealer to change the engine oil on my C.
By 11:00 AM and under heavy rain, I decided to head to the dealer and change the oil. After the oil change, I wanted to push on towards Des Moines, IA but the wind was too strong to drive safely under the heavy rain. I took route 20E to avoid the heavy traffic of I-29.
For the first 30 miles, the road was only two lanes. The cattle trucks passing by were fast and almost knocking me off the bike. The wind gust were 40 miles and it was a struggle just to whole on to the bike. Soon the plan was trying to find a hotel to call it a day and wait until tomorrow when all this rain is supposed to pass.
I arrived at Ida Grove, IA for a total of 58 miles, checking to a Super 8 and put my things to dry.

Tomorrow, I will wake up at 5:30 AM and leave the hotel by 6:30 AM  to cath up with the time lost today.

Today's route

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment