Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I made it home

I know I should have written this post 3 days ago but I got caught immediately in the vagaries of my normal life.
The trip from Pennsylvania was a relaxing one. I took mostly back roads to get home. After having the breakfast of champions, Steak and Eggs, I started the trip with an unusually warm weather. I opted to wear my thermal underwear  just in case I get chilly on the road. After 4 hrs roaming the hills of the Allegheny it was obvious that I didn't need the protection and I removed my jacket liner.
I left the restaurant at 9:00 AM and by 12.32 PM I was refueling in Snow Shoe, PA. When the clock hit 1:00PM I had enough of the back roads and an overwhelming desire to get home filled my head and I jump on I-80 all the way home. One more refueling stop in Tannersville after 172 miles and express to home sweet home.
At 5:13 PM on May 28 2011, I was switching off my bike and taking the first steps in to the life I left behind 25 days ago. The grass was high and the leafs every wear but I didn't want to think about it. All I wanted was to kiss my loved ones and tend to my right shoulder. It never stopped bothering me since Gary, Indiana. Today, May 31 it feels a lot better. I can move my arm and sleep without pain.
After crossing the continental divide twice and twice the 4 times  zones. After crossing the mighty Mississippi and the Rockies. Through vast deserts and plains, across snow and bugs. After taking a quick look at the other face of the United States. Now, It's time to digest all the memories and pictures from this wonderful country, the calamities of the floods and tornadoes. The deafening sound of the deserts and the cool chill of the mountains. What a trip!






View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment