Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Motorcycle tune-up in Oklahoma City

Early Tuesday morning at 7:00 AM, after a well deserved rest, I headed towards Oklahoma City (OKC) to give the bike a tune-up. I changed the battery, oil, air and gasoline filter and adjusted the valves.
The trip to OKC was un eventful and rather boring. It took me 3.5 hours from Talihina to the Howard Johson Hotel
I took Rt 270 pretty much all the way to OKC and it was fine and beautiful until I reached Mcalester. Before Mcalester, I was riding along big mountains and going through lots of pine tree forrests. The scenario changed after I passed Mcalester. Everything flatten out and the winds picked up substantially. I was being hit by moderate crosswinds that made my ride a little bit uncomfortable.
Just look at the trees in the picture below!

 This is what Oklahoma looks like.


I settled down in my room and took the bike to the dealer were I spent most of the afternoon.
When the work was completed, I went oout for authentic Oklahoma stake :) One of the guys at the dealer suggested  Cattlemen's Steakhouse. For $19 clams I got a Rib Eye Steak. The cut was juice and tender, very tasty too but I think the price was a little high in comparison with the steak I ate in Talihina which looked like the same amount of meat.
After a king's dinner, I went back to the hotel and relaxed a little bit drinking the last drop of Moon Shine errr I mean Corn Whiskey. God, I will miss that Georgia Moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment