Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Finally the rain caught up with me

The day started cloudy and foggy, visibility about a mile. Fortunately, the drive to get home made me put my rain gear in a second.

I took I-90 E, after all, highway or not the view would be the same (flat land).
For 5 straight hours, I was under the rain and cross winds of 20 miles per hour. the first couple of hours were a test to my patience and endurance. I just wanted to stop and get into a motel but I pushed on. My feet were wet, my hands numb. It was flat as far as the eye can see. The highlight of the day?: I passed by an 1880 town replica and by a place where they have all the props for the movie Dances with Wolves which was filmed in the area.

After lunch, I decided that I could make it further than Sioux City, South Dakota and continued to Sioux Falls, Iowa.
So I am here after a day of rain and wind feeling like I was commuting home. No fun at all but with a huge desire to get home.

Tomorrow, I will try to change the engine oil. I am over 4,500 miles without a change. I got this shop located in Des Moines. I hope they can help me.
I know the pictures below look the same but I had to take them just to show what the road was like for 6 straight hours. Tomorrow I should me having more of the same




Today's route to Sioux City

View Larger Map


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment