Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day one complete

 I woke up today at 9AM and was pleasantly surprise to see the sun in the sky, calm winds and 65 F degrees in the thermometer. I started putting all my bags in the motorcycle with a little trepidation. I had recently acquired a luggage rack for this trip and a new kuryakyn bag. It was the first time I was going to put them to use. Fortunately, they have all worked as expected. I just need some minor adjustments in the way I tie the bag to the bike. I may need an extra bungee cord.

Today, I decided to take West I-78 to South I-81 and then East on 66 to Port Royal, VA. These two highways are not bad to ride on a bike. You get long stretches of very little traffic and then a pile of trucks. It is a lot better than I 95. I skipped NJ and Pennsylvania, for obvious reasons. I just wanted to get  them out of the way and  start the real trip tomorrow morning along the Blue Ridge Parkway. I only made a quick stop in Hershey, PA for the museum and continued cruising along.

Tomorrow, the plan is to get to Fancy Gap, Va  from Front Royal, Va which is the start of the Blue Ridge Pkwy. I hope weather cooperate tomorrow.






View Larger Map






2 comments:

  1. Alfredo:
    We got hit with some heavy rains today here in the NY/NJ area. Hopefully you are still dry? I have been to Hershey and the museum, a nice clean town. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yarvis, It seems I have being pretty lucky. Tuesday when I left it was sunny all the way. Today Wednesday it rained all night but it stop when I had to leave the hotel. All day was beautiful with a little wind.

    ReplyDelete