Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A day in California

Yesterday, I spent the day with my host Russ riding around Palo Alto, Highway 1 and into the Big Basin RedWoods State Park. What a great place to ride in a motorcycle! Unfortunately for us the weather did not cooperate and we were doing the tour by car. It was raining and it was cold and windy.
No doubt this part of California is amazing, I was surprised by the all the flowers along the coast.
Today, I am getting my things ready to start my journey back home to NJ. I am looking forward Yellow Stone National Park, Mount Rushmore and who knows what else along the way.
Today, it's going to be Highway 1 all day. I am not going to be disappointed. You can count on that.

After 14 days on the road. I am finally on the West coast.


This is just a sample of the flowers along the coast of California. I had never seen flowers on the coast

This park has some massive trees. Most of them are more than a thousand years old.

These are some of the little trees in the park.

That's why I hang out with guys bigger than me. So I can look smaller.

I wish it was sunny but I had to settle for this view.

Dinner with Tina and Russ. Salmon was delish.
This is today's route. Sun is coming out and the weather drying up. It should be fun.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment